We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1 THE KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you engage with Sensate Me via this website, we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you, including:
- contact details: including but not limited to your name, email address, physical address, phone or mobile number,
- circumstances and affairs: this could incorporate aspects of personal life such as age, marital status and details that may help us improve the services and products of Sensate Me. These will only ever be collected in a voluntary capacity, through a survey, poll, questionnaire or one-to-one online conversation where customers have given express permission for the collection of this personal information.
- interests and preferences: this may be collected via a voluntary survey, poll or questionnaire, or via website cookies which track user preferences when navigating the Sensate Me site (see 1.4.1)
We may collect your personal information by various means including:
- Email opt-in forms of any kind
- Subscription to our newsletter (with your expressed permission)
- Inquiry/contact forms
- Through emails you send to us
- Through the details you supply to us at checkout and point of purchase
- Our website collects cookies. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Google Analytics also will capture data on how you use the website.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. This is also true of our use of Google Analytics to collect data on how you interact with our website.
- Third parties may supply your personal information to us in instances such as client referrals or your participation in competitions where we may be supplying a prize.
We only ask for and use relevant personal information necessary to conduct our business. All information collected for Sensate Me is for the sole purpose and use of Sensate Me.
When you provide us with personal information in order to commence or complete a transaction – be it starting or placing an order, arranging delivery or organising a return, we infer that you consent to our collecting it, have legitimate interest in our products and understand our only purpose in the use of this information is the enhancement of customer experiencere.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not provide us with accurate personal information, we may not be able to carry out our instructions or achieve the purpose for which the information has been sought.
For any instances of collection that doesn’t directly relate to a transaction on our online store, such as marketing, email opt-ins, newsletter subscriptions etc, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and also ensure you have the opportunity to decline. To understand how we may use your interaction with our site in remarketing initiatives, please see 1.4.1. If after opting into communications from Sensate Me, you wish to withdraw your consent for contact and/or the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, you can do this at any time. Simply use the unsubscribe option in our emails or contact us at email@example.com for a complete deletion of your details.
1.4 USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- Assisting and concluding transactions;
- Sending order confirmations;
- Responding to user queries;
- Administering user accounts;
- Sending newsletters to users;
- Informing users of offers;
- Monitoring client and consumer satisfaction to improve products and services;
- Enhancing customer experince
- Remarketing via Facebook advertising or Google Adwords (see below)
We may permit certain third party companies such as Google and Facebook to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our site. AdWords and Facebook remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the Sensate Me website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” In no way does this cookie in any way identify you or give access to your computer. As always we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
2.1 LEGAL DISCLOSURE
We do not share any credit card information with any third parties, other than for the purpose of processing payments for the product you have ordered.
We will only disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example, where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Sensate Me to discuss, via firstname.lastname@example.org
2.2 DISCLOSURE OVERSEAS
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
3.1 RISK MANAGEMENT
We manage risks to your personal information by only accessing personal information on a need to know basis, storing files securing and conducting regular audits of security systems.
3.2 THIRD PARTY STORAGE
Your personal information may also be stored with a third party provider, Active Campaign, which will be managed under their security policy.
3.3 COMBINING INFORMATION
From time to time, we will combine, match up or link information about an individual obtained from different sources. These include Facebook, Linkedin, Active Campaign and Google Analytics.
4. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can contact us to access, correct, update or delete your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavour to make your information available you. Please contact us via email@example.com to discuss issues related to the access, correction or updating of your personal information.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
6. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE